Bengaluru: Digit Insurance, an online insurance service provider in India, has upped its processes to settle claims received from the disaster caused by the cyclone Nisarga in Maharashtra, Gujarat and neighbouring states.
Steps taken by Digit
- Digit has appointed 4 Nodal officers for Mumbai, rest of Maharashtra and Gujarat to supervise and coordinate the entire operation
- All helpline numbers and point of contacts are highlighted on the website
- Digit is keeping the customers who have claimed regularly updated through emails and SMSs.
- Digit’s helplines are available 24*7 to register claims related to damage in Nisarga
- To tackle the Coronavirus scare, Digit is offering a complete Zero-touch claims process to customers with a seamless online experience.
- In case of a total loss which requires a manual surveyor, Digit is keeping the customer updated on when the claim can be taken up.
Digit’s Zero-Touch Claims Process is completely digital and paperless with Audio Claims which removes the need to fill any forms, no hardcopies needed to be sent for claim proofs, and a smartphone-enabled self-inspection app that helps customers inspect their vehicles themselves. Plus, the use of Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Image Analytics helps Digit in approvals/processing of the claims post-inspection and therefore fastening the overall claims settlement process for products like motor.
Kamesh Goyal, Founder & Chairman, Digit Insurance, said, “As insurers, it is time to stand with the customers and do what they have put in their trust for, i.e. settle their claims seamlessly. Therefore, we are available to our customers 24*7 and will be settling the claims at the earliest.”