Bengaluru, 3rd August 2020: Taking into account the current situation of the pandemic in the country and uncertainties surrounding it, ISKCON-Bangalore will be celebrating the iconic Sri Krishna Janmashtami 2020 virtually on 11th and 12th August 2020 with a series of activities planned. The digital celebration titled ‘Swagatam Krishna’ has been planned after considering the safety aspect of the public who can take part in the celebration virtually, by staying indoors in the safe confines of their home.
‘Swagatam Krishna’ will be a 40 hours event webcast on ISKCON-Bangalore’s YouTube channel, Instagram, and Facebook to millions of viewers across the world.
The program will begin with the live webcast of the Nauka Vihar (boat festival or theppotsava) at 6:30 AM, followed by a Grand Abhishekam at 7:45 AM. There will also be notable panel discussions and performances such as:
- ‘Magic of Little Krishna’ (11th Aug, 10:20 AM) – Watch Sri Chanchalapathi Dasa joined by the Creators of the ‘Little Krishna’3D Animation Series tell their tale at the Swagatam Krishna Event Live on YouTube
- ‘No One Shall Go Hungry’ (11th Aug, 7:00 PM). Panelists – Sri Bishow Parajuli, Country Director- India, UN World Food Program, Sri Mohandas Pai – Padmashri Awardee, Chairman, Manipal Global Education, Sri Madhu Pandit Dasa – President – ISKCON-Bangalore , Chairman – The Akshaya Patra Foundation, Padmashri Awardee, Sri Chanchalapathi Dasa – Senior Vice-President, ISKCON-Bangalore, Sri Anand Narasimhan, Executive –Editor of CNN News18 (Moderator)
- ‘Conversation With Amish Tripathi’ (12th Aug, 8:00 AM) – Sri Chanchalapathi Dasa – The Vice-president of ISKCON-Bangalore in discussion with Sri Amish Tripathi – author & columnist to reveal the keys to a happier life in trying situations
- ‘Secrets of ISKCON Kitchens’(12th Aug, 10:00 AM) Panelists – Sri Sanjeev Kapoor – celebrity chef, Smt. Rujuta Diwekar – Nutrition expert, Sri Chanchalapathi Dasa – Senior Vice-President, ISKCON-Bangalore and Sri Kunal Vijaykar – Food writer, Author (moderator) on what makes ISKCON Food so delicious
- Orphan Lives Matter (12th Aug, 4:00 PM) – Celebrating Sri Krishna Janmashtami with the ‘Children of God’.
- ‘The Inspiring Journey & Message of ISKCON-Bangalore’ (12th Aug, 7:00 PM). Panelists – Sri Anupam Kher – actor, Sri Dr.Kasturirangan – Former ISRO Chairman, Smt. Hemamalini – actor & MP, Lok Sabha, Sri Madhu Pandit Dasa – President – ISKCON-Bangalore, Chairman – The Akshaya Patra Foundation, Padmashri Awardee, Sri Chanchalapathi Dasa – Senior Vice-President, ISKCON-Bangalore
- Musical & cultural programs by –
- Great granddaughters of Bharat Ratna Srimati MS Subbulakshmi (12th Aug, 6:00 PM)– The ‘Nightingale of India’, Smt. S Aishwarya and Smt. S Saundarya,
- Bhajan Sandhya by Smt. Anuradha Paudwal(12th Aug, 8:30 PM) – Bollywood playback singer,
- Devotional concert by Sri Anup Jalota(11th Aug, 4:00 PM) – singer & musician etc.
- A contemporary Carnatic progressive music concert performed by Harish Shivaramakrishnan of Agam Band(11th Aug, 9:30 PM)
- Classical dance(11th Aug, 5:00 PM) performances by Smt. Rukmini Vijayakumar of Radhaa Kalpa fame,
- Kathak Dance(12th Aug, 5:00 PM) performance by Smt. Nirupama and Sri Rajendra
- A contemporary dance performance(12th Aug, 4:30 PM)by Mayuri Upadhye’s Nritarutya
- An Odissi dance performance(11th Aug, 6:00 PM) by Aarushi Mudgal
Sri Krishna Janmashtami is the most important festival celebrated at ISKCON Bangalore wherein lakhs of devotees throng the temple to seek divine blessings. In the current situation of gloom and despair in the country and globally, eminent personalities and renowned artists will be participating to share their thoughts and aspirations to spread positivity and optimism.
Temple Management urges devotees to watch the celebrations online (https://www.youtube.com/c/ISKCONBangaloretemple/live) and stay safe and healthy.